Sunday, April 29, 2012

Football Baby!

Saturday was an awesome day.  Unfortunately, C you are too little to join us on this outting but boy did big brother and I have a wonderful time watching football.

I took K to his first football game ever on Saturday.  It was the spring scrimmage for the University of Oregon Ducks.  The Ducks were honoring the men and women in the armed services that are fighting for our country.  It was incredible to see the men and women there in uniform enjoying the game.

Anyway... back to the main point of this story... Go Ducks!  I love football more then I can say and to be able to share this experience with my son.  Holy Cow was I excited.  K... not so much.

Now K, you've never been one to watch football on TV, but like I said, I LOVE FOOTBALL, so I really wanted to take you to a game.  When C gets bigger, I'll take him to a game.  Now, your dad doesn't like football so much so it falls to me to expose my sons to this fabulous game.  A game I grew up loving and I hope you guys do too.

We got to the game and they had a fly over of two F-14 fighter jets.  You were in awe.  You love planes so this was a spectacular bonus for you.  The game started, and since it was a scrimmage we were rooting for both sides.  We yelled when touchdowns were scored, when interceptions were made, when fumbles happened, and when there were awesome hits.

Then halftime.  It was an incredible ceremony of honoring service members world wide that had given their lives for their country.  It was very moving.  At the end of the ceremony there was a fly over by a Coast Guard Helicopter.  You were again in awe.

The game continued.  More rooting for the players, watching how the kids play and attack the ball.  You were restless, but seemed to enjoy it.  Then at the end of the game we got to go down on the field.  You didn't want to, you wanted to leave, but I wanted to.  I wanted to go and take your photo on the field.  You went down to humor me and when we got down there... You loved it!  You ran around on every 10 yard marker as fast as you could.  Again, Awesome!

When we got home you couldn't wait to tell everyone (Gram, Pa-o, Dad, Uncle Keith) about the game.  You know what you told them.  Not about the game. Not about the players.  Not about the touchdowns, runs or tackles.  You told them about the two Fire Jets and Hollycopter that flew over the stadium.  You loved it!

Finally there was something, at least close to football, that you were excited about.  This was something I couldn't wait to share with you.  Football is something I look forward to sharing with you and your brother in the future. 

But my sons, I want you to know I will not push you to play.  I had visions when I was pregnant that you would both play for the Denver Broncos (QuarterBack and Kicker respectively).  I still hope you do one day.  But if you guys have nothing to do with football, other then watching the games with me on Sundays, I will be one proud Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment