Saturday, May 5, 2012

WildLife Safari

Today we went to WildLife Safari.  It was truely an epic day! 
We headed out early, I was hoping C would catch a nap on the way down - since it's over an hour away - but no luck.  That is until we got there.  That's right, just as we get there, C falls fast asleep.  Unfortunately, he doesn't sleep for long.  But no biggie we were heading into the park any how. 

The last time we were here, C was just a little thing, not even a year old yet.  So I was excited to see his reaction to all of the animals.  Now K was big enough last time to remember and love every minute of it.  So I knew he'd love it again.

WildLife Safari is a drive through zoo... Like the name suggests, a safari.  It's pretty cool.  You drive about ten miles per hour and just go. You can stop your car wherever you'd like, but DON'T get out of the car... after all these are WILD ANIMALS!  The animals roam free, and most can come right up to the car.  In the "good old days" every animal did - even the Cheetahs.  That was the best part about the place.  Now however, the cheetahs are contained behind fences like any other zoo.  Oh, well... it's still awesome.

K sat on my lap as I drove and C on his dads lap as we made our way through the safari.  At one point an osterich stood right next to the driverside window.  Now when you enter, they warn you that the osterich and emu's running around can and will stick their heads in your windows and peck at you if given the option.  So I had rolled up our window.  This thing stood right outside and pecked at our window.  K was thrilled!  He laughed hysterically.  C even was giggling from the next seat over... probably mostly at his brothers laughing, but it was priceless. 

C waved at all the animals as we drove by and even blew kisses to them.  And to top it off... it was the first time he got the "blowing kisses" part right.  Before today he would just hold his hand to his mouth...  Today, he was actually making the motion of moving his hand from his mouth.  It was so cute!  Of course, when I asked him to blow me a kiss, he gave me a sly smile and looked back out the window at the animals.

We had a wonderful time, looking at animals and just being a family.  Of course C didn't get a nap on the way down.  So I was sure he'd sleep like a baby on the way back.  How could he not, he was exhausted.  But NO! He was awake the whole drive back.  He was awake and screaming the whole way back. 

Despite C's melt down on the way home it was an awesome day.  The sun was out and shinning, the animals were out for all to see, and we were together as a family.  Yes, this is what I agreed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment